You might have heard somewhere people talking about having a slow travel. Well, it is not something new. You might have done it unconsciously just because you didn’t know the term back then. Slow travel is the type of travelling when you are indulging yourself soaking in the new experiences either the culture or other aspects you find interesting during your journey.
This type of travel doesn’t require you a tight schedule or fast pace rhythm in travelling. You have the time of your life to enjoy your travel and be flexible of the schedule. One thing to emphasize from slow travelling is that the travelers seek for the quality instead of quantity.
Tips to have meaningful slow travel
If you are interested to have a slow travel once in your lifetime, you might as well consider few things beforehand. Here they are:
- Don’t be in a rush when you plan this type of travel. Since you what you are searching for is quality travel, you need to decide your destination carefully. Besides, it is recommended that you do a little research of your destination. For example, you search about what part of the destination that intrigues you the most. This will lead you to get more interested to know more about it. The curiosity will lead you to crave the travel more.
- Plan your schedule well. As mentioned above that slow travel needs flexibility of time and schedule. If you limit your travel in short time then you won’t be able to enjoy it that much. You need to make sure that the schedule of your travel doesn’t clash with your work or school. Make sure you have quality time to spend for slow travelling. Some travelers even spend few months for slow travelling.
- Be open-minded and avoid judgmental vibe during your slow travel. Remember that the main purpose of your journey is to dig deeper something that intrigue you of the local. Thus, you purpose is to find out more about it and fill in your knowledge so you understand better.
- Don’t hesitate to interact more with the local during your stay in your destination. Your wish to be able to understand more about the local should lead you to be more eager to know them. You may want to learn about the historical value about the local custom during your stay.
- Enjoy your time and soak in new experiences to the finest. You can indulge your appetite by tasting different local foods each day. Remove any rush feeling throughout your exploration and let the environment embrace your mind.
- Instead of busy updating your social media during your travel, it is better to look deeper to your surrounding and heighten your sense. Take a look at your surrounding in details so that your focus isn’t going anywhere. This is the art of slow travel that most people crave for. This type of travel usually brings positivity within you even after the travel ends.