Planning your trip is necessary since you don’t want to have a getaway with o much hassle. It is true that spontaneous travel is great and all. However, planning your trip can minimize the troubles you don’t expect.
Especially for Muslims, travelling should accommodate what their need since they have Islam rule to follow no matter where they are. If they travel without knowledge about the destination, it can cause them hard to find a place to pray, find halal foods, etc.
That is why for Muslims, it is more recommended to plan your next travel so that you can indulge in hassle-free holiday in your dream destination.
How to plan halal trip properly
Planning a trip can be overwhelming especially when your destination is overseas. However, once you have thorough and clear plan, you will be less burdened. You will be able to enjoy your travel to the fullest. Here are tips to help you plan your halal travel:
- Decide your destination – This is the first thing you should plan. Halal travel or halal tourism program isn’t always provided by Muslim majority countries. There are also Muslim minority countries which also provide halal tourism for Muslims. Recommended places to go are Malaysia, United Arab Emirates, Turkey, London, Malta, and several countries in Europe. Aside from the halal tourism program, you can decide your destinations based on your interest such as the foods, the culture, architecture, etc.
- Prepare needed documents – Every country you are going to visit has different regulation about tourism for example visa requirements. After deciding your destination, make sure you are up to date to the requirements and regulations. Then, prepare all needed documents such as valid passport, visa, health requirements, etc.
- Booking everything ahead of time – It will be handy for you to book hotel and flight ahead of time. Thus, you won’t need to be in a rush. Make sure to choose reliable airline and hotels which provide halal services. Those services include providing halal foods which are alcohol and pork-free, separated rooms for female and male attendances, providing qibla direction to pray, etc.
- Plan your itinerary thoroughly – Once you sorted out everything you need, you must start planning your itinerary. You can plan any fun activities to explore the place, learn more about the local culture, and many more. The itinerary you make should be based on the length you will stay in your travel destination. Make sure all your schedule fits well with your limited time. You can also research about places providing halal foods at your travel destinations and mark the points for you to visit later.
- Download useful travel apps – Technology makes travellers easier to enjoy their time in travelling around the world. There are many travel apps you can download for free from your smartphone such as Apps for Muslims to know prayer times, qibla compass, etc. You can also download digital map to find nearby mosques or halal restaurants. It is also recommended to download translation apps to help you interact better with the locals.