There are many places around the world you can call a beauty. One of them has to be Greece. This is one of the world’s most beautiful places. That is why this spot is quite popular amongst travellers. It is recommended for you to consider some tips for travelling in Greece if you want your vacation to be more memorable.
Every corner of Greece speaks beauty either the beaches or the mountains. Not to mention great culinary is also one of the favorite pleasures visitors are looking for. Besides, Greece has faced economy crisis and makes them lower their prices for lots of stuffs such as hotel room and food services.
Find out useful tips for travelling in Greece
Greece is famous as a great place for peaceful vacation or romantic trip for couples. The vibe in this place is rather quiet. That’s what makes people love this place. Aside from the peacefulness, the people in Greece are also warm to interact. They welcome visitors and are ready to give the best service for the best vacation. So here are some tips that you can consider when you travel in Greece:
- No matter how peaceful and quiet Greece is, there is always time when it reaches peak-season for vacation especially on school holidays. If you don’t want to get into the crowd of tourists, it is recommended to avoid visiting Greece around late July to the end of August. Aside from the crowd, the weather is also extremely hot. The price of almost everything is also soaring in the time because everyone seems to enjoy the holiday at the same time.
- Visit the sites or attractions that you are really interested in. There are many spots you can visit during your vacation in Greece. The mainland is highly recommended if you want to know more about Greece. The mountain and the golden beaches around the mainland are worth sightseeing. There are also many archeological sites you can visit.
- As mentioned before that Greece is also popular for its delicacies as well as warm-hearted people. While travelling in Greece it is recommended to not hesitate to enjoy your meals like a local. Try to visit local dine for dinner and indulging yourself with the foods and drinks. Not to mention that the barreled wine is also available for you to have a taste. The price is also much cheaper than the bottled one.
- Greece is also famous for its islands. Enjoying your time by visiting popular islands is not a bad idea. Island hopping is absolutely great idea to indulge your adventurous side. You can take ferry services to take you to group of island such as the Dodecanese, the Lonians, and more.
- Be more understanding about the culture. In Greece, the elder tend to be more conservative while the youngsters are quite open-minded and modern. However, you still need to respect the culture. It is highly advisable not to wear skin-revealing outfits while travelling in Greece. This act is still frowned upon especially around churches.