Travelling is supposed to be fun and hassle-free. However, it is harder during peak season such as on National Holiday or School breaks. Many people are interested to go out of their home and enjoy their free time to go travelling to different destinations to relieve their stress.
This results in too much crowd and expensive budget. Most people try their best to avoid travelling during peak season due to the uneasiness of the crowd as well as overly cost. However, this is also hard to avoid when you only have free time during peak season to go travelling to your desired destination. Thus, you need to think smart and set a good plan for more comfortable trip during peak season.
5 tips to travel safely and comfortably during peak season
During peak season, not only the crowds which can disturb your peaceful travel but also the higher possibility of your safety being ruined. There are many tourists and travellers gather during peak season which also attracts pickpockets or thieves to take action.
Therefore, you need to make sure that you travel safely and comfortably. Here are some useful tips for you to travel during peak season:
- Book everything well in advance such as hotels, tours, activities and such so that you can get the best deal. Remember that the price of flight and accommodation tend to go higher during peak season. You still need to be wise in spending your money for holiday. If your travel destination is within your reach, you might as well use your own car. You can ask friends for company.
- It is highly recommended to leave early during peak season. Remember that everything will be a lot busier during this time. You don’t want to get caught in a long queue or traffic jam. The possibility to miss your flight is also higher if you don’t leave your home early. It is better to wait a little longer for the flight than miss them.
- If you missed your chance to book hotels, you are recommended to stay with the locals. It is safer for you. If you travel in a group of friends or family, you might as well rent an entire local’s house or apartment. It will be more convenient that way.
- It is highly recommended to choose less popular travel destination if you don’t want to deal with the crowd. However, if is inevitable, you might as well choose lesser-known attraction at your travel destination. Maybe the new location will even be better than the popular ones. You can ask the locals for recommended places to go.
- If you are unsure about your safety, you might as well hire local guide to take you to every tourist attraction you want to go to. This makes you pay extra but it is safer this way instead of wandering around unknown path and end up getting lost in dangerous alley. This is highly recommended especially when you are going to have a night tour.