Lots of people have no chance to get great vacation due to pile of works or limited time. However, you can still have fun during business travel. Most of people who are having business travel suffer from stress because the burden of the work. However, business travel doesn’t have to be painful or miserable. In fact, you can steal some moments to have fun and make your business trip more bearable from time to time. There are many ways to have some fun and happiness even during your business trip.
Tips to have fun during business travel
If you think you can only have fun during family vacation or solo travel, then you need to think twice. When you get a chance to have a business travel, you need to be glad because that is the best moment when you can at least part from your workplace which sometimes can be suffocating. Business travel can be the best moment for you to breathe in fresh air even though there are still responsible you need to fulfill. However, you can make your business travel to be fun and exciting by the following tips:
- Pack light luggage for your travel. One of many factors which often annoy business travel is heavy luggage. This can trigger your fatigue and stress even before you leave. Thus, it is recommended to pack lightly and only bring necessary items with you. This helps to lessen your burden during your trip.
- Choose your own entertainment. People have different interest of entertainment. Some people like watching animal videos, others like listening to the music, others like reading novel. Thus, don’t forget to bring your own entertainment weapon. That will help you to lessen your stress and fatigue.
- Spare a day off-duty to have fun during business travel. This is a great chance because you can enjoy your time aside from business-related activities. You can wander around the place or visiting popular attractions. However, just make sure that you don’t exhaust yourself during your off-duty day especially when you still have work to do the next day.
- Try foodie tour once you finish your meeting with your clients. This is simple activity but can lift up your mood nevertheless. Happy tummy can bring out your happy mood. Find out popular local cuisine to try for your dinner. Or, you can wander around trying out street foods.
- Spend quality time with old friend you can find during your business trips. This is the best way to heal your stress. Have a light conversation while enjoying decent foods is a great distraction from stressful business meeting.
- Make the best of ‘me time’ by doing activities you like to have fun during business travel. If you feel exhausted, try to relax in a hot tub while enjoying aromatherapy oil. You can also pay a visit to your hotel’s swimming pool area. If you have movie you want to watch badly, go the nearest cinema and enjoy your time.
Travelling is exciting but it is not when you experience robbery or theft. This can ruin your vacation. It is not only going to ruin your mood but also your overall plan. Thus, it is important for you to know how to avoid theft during travel. It is quite often for travelers or tourists to get pickpocketed while travelling because they are the best target. If it is only money the thieves get from you then the problem is likely to be easier to solve. However, it is different when they also take you valuable documents such as passport, identity cards, credit cards, etc. Those can lead to identity theft and the chance that your account will be hacked for robbery is higher.
How to avoid theft during travel for smart traveler
Travelling is the moment when you can enjoy your time and loosen up your muscle from fatigue due to your hectic job. However, you won’t get the chance to experience it when you are the victim of pickpocketing. Thus, it is highly advisable to prevent it from happening by these tips:
- It is advisable not to bring valuable things for your travelling. Jewelry, heirloom, and such should be left home. There is no reason to bring those things especially if you are going to have adventurous trip. Those valuable things of yours will only make you paranoid during travel. You will get restless because you are afraid that they will be taken from you. Don’t wear excessive jewelry while travelling because it definitely attracts thieves.
- Manage your cash placement to avoid theft during travel. Place your cash separately. Store them in different compartments in your suitcase or bags. You can also put them in different pockets in your clothes. Place only sufficient amount of money in your wallet so even if the theft is unavoidable at least you won’t lose much because you still have remaining money to save your life during your travel.
- Secure your bags or suitcase with combination lock to make sure that they are not easy to break by the thieves. As for sling bag or carry-on, it is recommended to choose the one with zipper closures because they are more secure. Bags with flap closure or drawstring can be easily tricked by thieves. In addition, it is advisable to not bring see-through bags because the contents will be easy to see then.
- It is advisable to dress casually and appropriately while travelling. Aside from respecting the local, it is also to prevent getting attention from pickpocket. You can dress comfortably with simple outfits and blend with the local. Your mannerism also needs to be managed. Try not to show that you are tourists. Try to blend with the surrounding as well as you can. In addition of how to avoid theft during travel is to be alert and don’t let your guard down. Keep your bags and belonging in your eye sight. Always choose to stay in open space with good lighting so it will be harder for the thieves to take action.