Lots of people thought that having a vacation means they will feel recharged when they get back home. However, it is so often that people have got vacation hangover instead. Some people also call this as vacation blues. This is a condition when you feel restless, too drained, and always exhausted after taking a vacation. This is not new things to happen when you back to your old daily life. Your body needs to readjust to your old self and that is why it acts up. It is not serious condition but can disturb your happy mood after vacation. Besides, it will ruin your energy to get back to your work. Therefore, it is better to recover from this condition as soon as possible.
How to recover from vacation hangover
Vacation is supposed to make you feel well rested and happy. However, it is also normal to feel so drained when you get back at home. New atmosphere, jet lag, and other things can lead to vacation hangover. Here are some tips so you can recover immediately from this condition so you will be able to function properly:
- Make sure to get enough sleep when you are finally at home. Sleep is like medicine for every little trouble happen to your body especially from exhaustion. You may suffer from jetlag once you arrive at your home so you can help yourself by drinking a cup of tea to relax your body.
- Make sure your body is hydrated enough. Dehydration can be the cause of vacation hangover because it makes your body feel drained and exhausted. You may have got headache and bowel trouble when you arrive at your home and this is what you call vacation hangover. So make sure you drink enough water and avoid caffeine or alcohol in the meantime.
- If you feel restless and cannot sleep even after you have tried to relax yourself then you can get outdoors. In order to help your body readjust with the new time zone and overcome jetlag, you need the exposure to the daylight. You can spend 20 minutes wandering around the park near your house or visit your regular cafe to eat some snacks.
- Stress can worsen your vacation hangover. It will make you more agitated and restless. To help you relax, do something you like such as watching your favorite TV program or walking your dog to the nearest park. Do something that can help you relax your body and distract your mind from distress.
- It is highly advisable that you give yourself some time. Give some slacks to your body to adjust. It must be tempting to do your core as soon as you are at home. However, your body needs to be ready. Don’t be too strict on yourself. You can leave your morning core and choose to rest instead. This way, your body will be able to handle vacation hangover better. Thus, you will be ready to face your work when the time comes.