Bali is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world located in Indonesia. People around the world have acknowledged Bali as one of the most beautiful places on Earth. People come to Bali for various reasons. Some of them are interested in exploring the culture; others are more invested in natural charms. There are many things to explore while travelling in Bali no matter what type of travel you are in. If you are interested in filling your knowledge about Balinese culture and architecture, you are recommended to visit beautiful temples in Bali. There are many of them that you can visit while travelling in Bali.
In Bali, temples are called Pura. When it comes to exploring Bali, it won’t feel complete if you don’t visit the temple. Proximately, there are 20,000 pura or temples in Bali. However, there are few of them which are more popular amongst tourists that you may be interested to visit at least one of them. Here are recommended temples to visit in Bali:
- Pura Luhur Lempuyang it is one of the six sad kahyangan in the world dedicated to sang hyang widi wasa. It is one of the most important temples in Bali because it is a symbol of protection for the native Balinese from evil spirits. To reach the place, you need to conquer 1,700 steps. However, the view is worth it once you reach the temple located in the mountainside jungle. The gate temple shows beautiful architecture.
- Pura Gunung Kawi has different charm from other temples in Bali. It has another name called Valley of the Kings. It is situated about a mile south of Tampaksiring. There are many things to see in this temple started from the river flow, carved shrines honoring the Kings and Queens from 11th century and of course the view surrounding the place. Balinese people believe that the water running from the river is holy water.
- Pura Luhur Uluwatu is one of the most important Balinese temples. This is not ordinary temple because it is always be the place to show Balinese cultural events such as Tari Kecak, fire dance, etc. It stands on a cliff 200 feet above Bali surfing spot. The name itself represents the unique location of the temple which means at the head of the rock. The view is unmistakably beautiful to see.
- Pura Tanah Lot is one of the most visited temples especially by international visitors. This is due to the limited access to the temple which makes people even more curious to get there. It is one of the most directional temples in Bali. The place is more crowded compared to other temples but it provides great view of sunset.
- Pura Ulun Danu Bratan is iconic because it is located in the foremost of the island. It is dedicated to worship Dewi Batari Ulun Danu, the goddess of the lakes and rivers. There is significant section of the temple that looks floating on the lake while the main part of it situated in the mainland.