Komodo Island is a small island located in Indonesia, specifically in East Nusa Tenggara province. A trip to Komodo Island is a great experience because this place is like magical haven. This is a place where you can find the one and only endemic Komodo dragon that you will not find in any other place around the world. Komodo dragon only lives in this island which makes this island so special. Besides, the location of this island is just perfect since it is situated between Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean.
What you need to know about trip to Komodo Island
Visiting a place where the one and only Komodo dragons live is once in a lifetime experience. Thus, you need to be prepared if you are going to plan for a fun visit to this small island. Here is what you need to know:
- Komodo Island is accessible which means you won’t face difficulties to reach this place. You can travel either by air or water. The closest base point if you want to reach Komodo Island is Labuan Bajo. You can go to Bali first then book local airline to go to Labuan Bajo. Or, you can also take ferry from Bali to Labuan Bajo. Choose transport you are the most comfortable with.
- Choose the best season to plan a trip to Komodo Island. However, you don’t need to stress out about it because the climate in Komodo Island is mostly tropical. If you want to avoid rainfall during your trip, you might as well choose to visit Komodo Island during dry season in April-November. However, you may want to avoid peak season which happen is July to August. The most ideal time to visit this island is April to June.
- Enjoy your time during your stay in Komodo Island by doing lots of fun activities such as scuba diving. This is one of must to do list when you visit Komodo Island. The visibility is clear for you to scuba diving or snorkeling.
- The main reason you visit this island to witness the rare creature, Komodo dragon. Even though they are deathly, it is hard to resist the beauty of Komodo dragon. Thus, visit Komodo National Park to see yourself the world’s largest lizards. This place has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site. In fact, the park is chosen as one of the new seven wonders of Nature in the world.
- Don’t forget to visit one of the most popular attractions, Pink Beach. The sand with pink color is just mesmerizing. This is part of charms only Komodo Island reserves since there are only seven Pink Beaches in the world.
You need to be careful when visiting the Komodo National Park. Always follow the keeper’s instruction because Komodo dragon is dangerous creatures. Making direct contact with them is not allowed because it can cause severe injury or death. You can watch them from safe distance to amaze their features of wildness. Trip to Komodo Island will be one of the most memorable moments you’ve ever had in your life.