Exploring and learning is your supposed goals when it comes to travelling abroad. You can do it by trying various foods at every place you visit. It is a great way to open your mind and become more aware of culture diversity around the world.
There are many ways you can enjoy foods while travelling such as by dining in fancy restaurant, sampling at local food festivals, or strolling down food stalls.
You can even meet the locals and learn how to make their specialties from them. Who knows maybe you can revive the recipe once you get back home. It can help you to flashback good memories of place you visited.
6 international foods deserve a try during your trip
There are various dishes all over the world and here are foods you need to try at least once in your life time when travelling abroad:
- Completo is a hotdog topped with avocado, tomatoes, sauerkraut, and mayonnaise. It is Chilean hotdog but in twice the size of American hotdog. It is already known internationally that Chile is one of the highest avocado producing countries in the world. Thus, it is common to include avocado in various meals when visiting Chile.
- Meze is one of the most recommended foods you should try especially when you are visiting Middle East and Mediterranean. It is similar to Spanish tapas. However, Meze is also made and served in various ingredients. It can include labne or strained yoghurt cheese, muhammara or hot pepper dip with breadcrumbs and walnuts, baba ghanoush or seasoned diced eggplant, and many more options.
- Kangaroo meat is a must try food when you visit Australia. The benefit of Kangaroo is that it is high in protein and low in fat. It can be roasted, skewered, and many more. To get the best flavor, Kangaroo meat is best cooked medium rare to medium.
- Next recommended food to try while travelling abroad is churro. The best place to savor the sweet delicacy is Spain. This crispy pastry is best served with a cup of steaming hot chocolate. Spaniards enjoy churros and hot chocolate for breakfast. This can be a great idea for you to choose the right menu for your breakfast while you are in Spain.
- Lobster rolls are a must eat food when you visit USA especially for seafood enthusiast. Lobster rolls are toasted hot dog bun which is lightly buttered then stuffed with claw, knuckle and tail meat of lobster. They are also filled with celery, butter, scallion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, as well as pepper. They are also often served with fries, chips, or pickles.
- Spring rolls from Vietnam are already popular. The Vietnamese call it as nem nuong cuon. They are a grilled pork sausage wrapped in rice paper and filled with lettuce, carrot, cucumber, daikon, and mint. They are usually served with special sauce. There is also similar dish called goi cuon. However, it is added with shrimp as basic ingredients along with pork.