Staycation has been quite famous these days. This term came first in around 2003 when there was a financial crisis. Staycation stands for stay and vacation. Another term similar to this is holistay which stands for holiday and stay. This term means for a vacation you take around your own town. Staycation means you don’t travel overseas. It means you take a day-off to visit local attraction around your home. Thus, there is no need to book a ticket plane or train since your destination doesn’t require long journey. This type of vacation is good solution for those who want to have a day break with limited time and budget.
How to stay fun during staycation
Staycation is similar to short trip. However, this is more specific because your destination is within your range. Having staycation once in a while can be a good stress reliever so you won’t have to suffer from burnout due to piled up works. Since it is a short trip, sometimes people feel unsatisfied with the fun and happiness they expected. Here are some tips to optimize your staycation:
- Make your home comfortable if you decide to have your staycation at home and not going anywhere outside. You daily activities have been spent outside so it is normal to have your staycation at home. Thus, make sure to clean up and stage up your home. This will help you feel new environment even a bit. Place something pretty in a room you will be spent your most time in.
- Be your hometown tourist is also great idea if you don’t want to hole up in your house all day long. You can go to local market or enjoy decent foods in your favorite restaurant. If your hometown has interesting attractions such as museum, theme park, festival, etc, you can visit them. This way, you will become hometown tourist. The benefit is, you don’t have to pack your luggage or plan your budget. Everything is within your reach so nothing to be worried about.
- If you have some hobbies you have been neglected, use your staycation to indulge your desire on your hobbies. If you like playing billiard, visit local pool and bring your friends along with you. If you like sports, you can also indulge yourself doing any of them. Staycation can be done to the fullest when you do exactly what you like.
- Another tip to spend your time during your staycation is to recharge your energy and positive mood. If your body is too exhausted to wander around your town, you can stay at home and have a nice time bathing with your favorite aromatherapy oil. Or, you can invite masseur to release all the knots on your body.
- To enjoy your staycation, you can choose either to spend the time on your own or interact more with your family and friends. Choose the one that you are most comfortable with. If you are basically social person then you can invite your friend for a barbeque party.