Not all travelers care about fashion when it comes to traveling. However, fashion is also important for many travelers since it can show your personality and passion.
No matter where your travel destination is, looking fashionable and stylish won’t hurt. However, it is also often that in order to look stylish and fashionable, travelers end up making embarrassing mistakes or offending the locals. Remember that every place is different culture and customs which relate to how they dress.
Mistakes about travel fashion most travelers do
For those who are not that concerned about fashion always rely on what makes them feel comfortable the most. They don’t necessarily depend on current trend fashion and stuff. However, fashion mistakes when traveling is not always about being fashionable. It can also about wearing wrong outfit in the wrong time or place. Here are common fashion mistakes many travelers do when traveling:
- Forgetting to research about the local culture and ending up wear outfit that can be a sign as disrespecting or offending the local. Many travelers end up under-dress or wear too revealing clothes. Wearing casual outfit such as only tank tops and shorts can be considered as disrespecting the local culture especially when you visit the Middle East. You need to dress properly when you are going to visit religious sites or else you will be asked to leave.
- Wearing running shoes with a pair of worn jeans really screams tourist. This is also considered as fashion mistakes when traveling. Many travelers wear running shoes in the name of comfort. However, it will make you look like you are going to a gym instead. Instead of wearing running shoes, you can opt for travel shoes instead such as slip-on loafers or ankle boots. They are comfortable and flexible to be paired with any kind of outfit.
- Wearing flip flops from your home to the entire journey of your travel is a mistake. Aside from not giving you the best protection, flip flops is only suitable for short walking distance such as when you walk from your hotel to the beach. Thus, it is not recommended to wear them for long journey or long walk. They are not comfortable, not stylish and don’t give your feet proper protection. It will be easier for your toes to get stabbed during a walk if you wear flip flops.
- Wearing T-shirts with provocative words or symbols is also fashion travel that many travelers do. If you wear this kind of clothing, you may be a target for unnecessary fight or arguments. Besides, wearing this kind of clothing will not make you look good on photo.
- Wearing shorts on the plane is also a mistake you should avoid. Well, it is more about comfort than fashion. Remember that airplane cabins are typically chilly. Thus, wearing too short shorts will only make you suffer no matter how fashionable you look. At least wear pants that can cover you to the shins to make you still comfortable especially for a long haul flight.