Vacation breakout is common but it doesn’t mean that you cannot prevent it from happening. Vacation is the time when you have fun by smiling a lot, taking lots of pictures, and doing activities you really like. However, your great time will be disturbed when you have breakouts. Those acnes and pimples are annoying and can ruin your mood during vacation because it means you need to do non vacation-related thing. No one wants to spend their time on vacation by nursing their breakouts. To prevent it from happening, you need to understand the cause of it.
Vacation breakout causes
Travelling is fun to do because it is the time when you are away from all your stress sources such as pile of works, school paperwork, and many more. However, it is also easy for your skin to freak out during your vacation. Here are causes of breakouts during vacation you need to know to prevent it:
- The first common cause of breakout during vacation is low humidity on airplane you take. Low humidity dries your skin easily. Thus, it leads to barrier disruption. As the result, it irritates your skin which make the oil gland goes into overdrive because your skin lose its oil. Excessive oil production on your skin leads to breakouts especially those who are prone to have pimples or acnes.
- Pre-trip stress can also be the cause of your breakouts. When you are stress, your body releases more cortisol. This hormone is not that good for your body especially your skin because it can lead to breakouts.
- Lack of sleep during your vacation can lead to vacation breakout. When you lack of sleep, your metabolism is affected. Your body works harder to keep up which causes your skin to stress even more. This can easily make your skin irritated and acne-prone.
- Climate changes can also the cause of breakout during your vacation. Some people have more sensitive skin who cannot easily survive in different environment. Those who are used to live in comfortable place where the weather is not harsh sometimes cannot stand to stay in a place where the sun scorching or the air too humid. As the result, skin irritation easy to happen and causes breakout at some points.
- Dehydration is also the cause of vacation breakout. When your body is dehydrated, your skin will dry because it lacks of fluids. As the result, your oil glands will produce skin oil excessively to protect your skin from dryness. Excessive oil added with pollution and dead skin cells can cause breakouts easily.
To prevent vacation break, it is recommended to solve pre-trip stress before going for your vacation. It is also recommended to get enough rest during vacation. Gastrointestinal problem can also be the source of vacation stress so it is highly advisable to keep your diet in check. Next way to prevent vacation breakout is to increase your water intake and choose the right skin products by considering your skin condition and the destination.