Traveling is not only for youngster but elderly also have the same right and chance to do it willingly. If you have plan to travel with elderly like your grandparents then you must prepare thoroughly. However, if you are willingly pay a fair amount in preparation then the result will be worth it. Caring for your aging parents sometimes can be challenging and stressful. Instead of getting fun and relax, it is possible that the stress is added to your head. That is why you need to know the proper way if you bring your elderly with you for traveling.
Safely travel with elderly without so much hassle
Instead of thinking the hassle you possibly face, why not you think more on the special moment you can create with your aging parents? You will need to consider many factors before deciding to let your parents tag along to your travel plan. Here are some consideration you need to take:
- Destination- the first thing to consider is none other than the destination. Instead of choosing based on your desire, you can consider your parent’s convenience. Make sure that your destination is convenience for elderly like the availability of wheelchair access, navigation for special needs, etc.
- Accommodation – the place where you and your elderly will stay during the period of the traveling need to be taken into consideration as well. It’s better to find hotel near the destination. Therefore, the elders don’t need to walk too far to reach hotel after exploring vacation spots.
- Transportation – the next thing to consider when you decide to travel with elderly is the transportation. Choose transportation that makes them comfortable the most. If it is a short trip then you can just use your car so you and your parents don’t need to get into crowded place just to fetch train or plane. If your destination is far then taking plan is more convenience. Some airline are also provide wheelchairs with no extra cost.
- Pack – You need to pack your and your parent’s necessities in your luggage. Aside from packing come clothes and toiletries, you need to pack their prescription as well. Elderly have poor health and limited stamina so that you need to pay attention on their wellbeing. It is recommended that you bring hand-carry bag for prescription or toiletries so they are more reachable for emergency use.
- Travel activities – Unlike youngster, elderly have limited energy to spend. Therefore, you need to be considerate in choosing what kind of activities you want them to involve with. Sightseeing can be the best option for elderly. Even after doing it, you need to make them get proper rest by eating or just simply relaxing.
Even though it requires thorough preparation, traveling with elderly is also fun. By letting them tag along with your travel plan, you give them chance to see broader view of the world. If you plan everything perfectly, you won’t face major hassle in the process. Travel with elderly is great to create meaningful memory and experience.
Getting lost is always frightening especially when you are traveling abroad. If you get lost while traveling or separated from your group, you should know what to do so that you won’t put yourself in danger. Being in the place you are not familiar with either in new city or country should awake your awareness of the possibility that you may get lost at some point. The risk of getting lost is high when you visit new place especially when you don’t have plan on your traveling. If you prepare well, at least you can locate your position through the map that you suppose to bring.
Things to do if you get lost while traveling
Actually the chance to get lost when you travel alone today is low because you can always rely on your smartphone where there is GPS to locate your location and your destination. However, the case will be different if the place you visit has no internet connection. This can be a huge disaster for you. O here are tips of what to do when you get lost on your traveling:
- The first thing you need to do is stay calm and don’t panic. Staying calm will let your brain works properly to find out the solution. So when you realize that you get lost, take a deep breath and scan your surroundings.
- Stop wandering around aimlessly because it will get you nowhere. It’s better to stay where you are for a while and find out any signs that you can use to help you guide to the right path. Observe your surroundings and figure out the most effective ways to find safe shelter.
- Try to reach public transit stop if you get lost while traveling. This will help you to find street map of surrounding area. Or, you can ask the driver of the bus to get you to your previous location before you get lost.
- Find some memorable landmark around you. Then you can ask a local for specific direction. If you can’t find anybody, try to get to the tall building to see the better view so that you can figure out your current location and search for alternative ways.
- The easiest way to do when you get lost in foreign country or city is to visit the nearest hotel. You can ask the person at the front desk about the direction. You can also ask them to call a taxi so you can get to your destination easily.
- The most obvious way to do when you get lost is to ask somebody. However, you need to be careful as well. It’s advisable to ask somebody in the store, restaurant, or hotel. It’s even better if you ask tour guide of another group of tourist for help.
Getting lost is not a pleasant experience. However, you won’t get traumatized if you have prepared yourself of what to do if you get lost while traveling. The tips above will be useful especially when you travel alone.
Traveling overseas is exciting and thrilling especially for the first-timers. Basically, there is no significant differences between traveling locally and overseas. However, every country may apply different procedures or rules that should be obeyed by tourists. Thus, you’d better known do’s and don’ts while traveling overseas so that you can enjoy your trip without so much hassle. You need to keep in mind as well that when you visit other country for traveling, you not only represent yourself as individual but also your country. Thus, knowing well what to do and what shouldn’t do while traveling can be very helpful.
Do’s and don’ts while traveling overseas
Sometimes it is easy to get indulged in fun activities while traveling and forget what the most important thing. In the end, you can’t truly enjoy your trip even though it is what you have been waiting for. Therefore, here are do’s while traveling abroad:
- It is advisable that you always be aware of your surroundings. It doesn’t mean that you need to be paranoia. However, visiting a place you have never been before should make you more alert of your surroundings. Don’t let your guard down especially to strangers. You can make friends with other travelers but make sure you don’t share any personal information of yours to them.
- Memorize the number of your passport just in case it gets stolen or lost. When it happens, you can ask for replacement easier.
- It’s better to bring cash just as much you need. It is to avoid robbery, theft, or loss.
- It is better to dress like locals instead of dressing like a real tourists. There are people who target tourists for bad reasons.
- Make sure to use the time well by having some fun and be brave to try something new to broaden your horizon.
- Make sure to respect the customs of the local. It’s even better for you to learn native phrases to interact with local in friendly manner.
- Wear jewelry too much because it leads to robbery, pickpocket, or theft, which means endanger your safety. Put valuable accessories or jewelries at home for your safety.
- Wander around empty alleys alone especially at night. Visiting another country alone is fun but it will be dangerous if you being careless. It’s better to stay in crowded places to ensure your safety.
- Provoke the locals by disrespecting their culture. As a guest, you need to respect them and make sure that you learn something new from them instead. Make sure to interact using appropriate language.
- Break facilities especially those for public. It’s not only bad to do but it can put other people in difficult situation especially when they need to use the facilities you break.
Traveling overseas should make you experience fun and new things to memorize and learn. To make everything goes smoothly, make sure you follow do’s and don’ts while traveling overseas as mentioned above. Therefore, you can fully enjoy your traveling abroad.
With advanced technology, everything goes easier today includes travelling. You can travel around the world using smart apps which can help you with everything you need for fun and safe travel. Smart apps for travel are many and they are useful. You just need to install the apps that you will need for your travel to your smartphone. Smart apps are developed to be integrated with iOS as well as android OS. Today, people cannot be separated from their phone. You might also find your smartphone reliable for your daily routine. That’s why your smartphone is reliable for travelling as well.
Choose smart apps for travel that you need
Your phone is like your computer in mini version. You can do so many tasks just by clicking here and there through your phone. Boking hotel, making reservation for train tickets, or find direction can be done just by using smart apps installed in your phone. Here are some of useful apps which are reliable for your travel plan:
- Google Trips – You can install this smart app to your smartphone and use it for good. Anything you need like reservation, itineraries, as well as important information for your travel plan will be kept and stored in this apps securely. Using your Gmail account, this app can guess your future destination based on the track of your booking. The reason to save them all is just in case if you visit area with poor internet connection.
- Google Maps – Those who have smartphone must have been familiar with Google Maps. This digital map is useful for you to find location of places like hotel, restaurant, ATM, and many more. You can search the location and ask for the direction. There are also alternatives you can choose for faster route.
- Duolingo – this is one of smart apps for travel abroad. You might as well prepare some easy phrases so you will be able to interact and communicate with the local properly. This app is far for formal learning method. Instead, you will learn the language in a fun way. You can download this app for free and it fits for iOS or android.
- XE Currency – When you decide to travel overseas, you need to know the right currency. This app consists of rates information, currency chart, as well as automatic convert for currency. This app can work properly even when you are offline.
- Headout – You don’t want to miss the best events in your destination while travelling. That’s why it recommended to download this smart app because it can help you to find interesting events in your current location such as exhibitions, festivals, gigs, and many more. This app is suitable both for android OS or iOS.
As we live in modern era, the role of technology is so significant. It makes our life so much easier. You can download smart apps for travel above if necessary. Those are meant to help you go through your adventure with less hassle and more fun.
Travelling is fun thing to do especially when you have been stress with your daily job. It is also recommended to travel by train since there are fun things you will experience. Sure people have different preference when it comes to choose transportation for travelling. However, taking train also has been popular these days. In the past, train was under-appreciated because of lack convenience and privacy. However, the facilities of the train today are improved and getting better. That is why it becomes more and more popular these days.
Why travel by train benefits you?
Taking train for your travel benefits you. Here are some benefits as well as reasons why travelling by train should be appreciated:
- Train is the best choice if you want to save money or travel budget. Comparing to planes, cost of trains is more effective and affordable. Besides, the service is faster and more frequent. You can get to your destination in no time. Another interesting about train being more effective for saving money is because rail operators often give some discounts especially to students, children, military personal, as well as senior.
- The flexibility of train is more reliable. It is indeed better for you to make reservation beforehand. However, short trips doesn’t require reservation so you can grab a ticket right away for the next train.
- Another reason why travel by train is beneficial because you won’t experience so much hassle. Just imagine when you take travel by plane. You need to arrive earlier in the airport, getting in a security check in long line, having thorough inspection, etc. If you take train, you can arrive 30 minutes earlier than your supposed schedule and you can go straight directly to your seat.
- The availability of train station is more convenience. You don’t need to go through far location to buy ticket. The location of train station is more accessible that sometimes you don’t even need to haul a cab.
- Train provide larger space for your luggage. Unlike airline which often charge you for excessive weight of your luggage, this won’t happen when you take train. Your luggage is safe and won’t cause you to add more expenses.
- These day the facilities of train are better. You can sit comfortably in your seat and relax. The safety of train is also convincing. In fact, you don’t need a seatbelt throughout the journey. You can sit comfortably without any hassle.
- Scientifically, train is more eco-friendly than other transportation. Thus, this is the best option if you want to keep our environment from further damage due to carbon emission. By taking train, you participate in keeping Earth from getting worse due to less energy-efficiency.
Whether you travel in group or alone, train ca be the best option to take you to your destination. It is convenient, energy-efficient. Less cost, and flexible. You can always take train both for long or short trips. Thus, those are the reasons why travel by train is convenient.